Pre Treatment Instructions:
- Please reveal any medical conditions that may be of significance to the laser procedure—such as pregnancy, cold sore and fever blister tendencies, any type of allergy, recent facial peels or surgery, or any type of medication such as Accutane, or use of Retin-A.
- Do not use self-tanning lotions or tanning booths two weeks prior to your laser treatment. Do not sunbathe two weeks prior to your appointment. Any patient arriving with a tan or sunburn may be rescheduled due to the sensitivity of the procedure to altered skin color and for the sake of your own safety.
- Do not use skin care products such as Retin-A, or any face cream supplement that contains Hydroquinone or Glyquin for one week prior to treatment.
- Before a Genesis procedure, facial hair should be shaved as close to treatment time as possible.
- Please avoid caffeine the day of your treatment and drink 8-10 glasses of water daily to keep your skin hydrated.
Post Treatment Instructions:
- You may have mild swelling for 1-3 days after your treatment. Please apply an icepack to the irritated area for 1-2 days in approximately 15 minute sessions 3-4 times per day.
- Redness for 2-3 days is common. You may apply hydrocortisone cream 3-4 times per day to reduce this for no longer than 1 day. Makeup can be applied if necessary.
- Keep the skin hydrated and use only lukewarm water with gentle cleansers and moisturizers for 3 days.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure or use of tanning bed for one week after a treatment.
- Use a minimum of SPF 30 to protect your skin after your treatment.
By submitting this form you agree to be contacted via phone/text/email.