Sublative Pre Treatment Instructions
- Please reveal any medical conditions that may be of significance to the Sublative procedure—such as pregnancy, cold sore and fever blister tendencies, any type of allergy, recent facial peels or surgery, and all current medications (including both prescriptions and over-the-counter products) such as Accutane, tetracycline, hormone replacement therapy, or use of Retin-A.
- Do not use self-tanning lotions or tanning booths two weeks prior to your laser treatment. Do not sunbathe two weeks prior to your appointment. Any patient arriving with a tan or sunburn may be rescheduled due to the sensitivity of the procedure to altered skin color and for the sake of your own safety.
- Do not use any irritating skin care products such as Retin-A for one week prior to treatment.
- Avoid taking NSAIDs such as Advil, Motrin, Aleve, aspirin for 1 week prior to scheduled procedure.
- Please avoid caffeine 24-48 hours prior to your treatment. This will help reduce the skin’s sensitivity. Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily to keep your skin hydrated.
- Areas of dental crowns, caps, braces, or other metal dental implants may be more sensitive to treatment and the clinician may use gauze or a tongue depressor to isolate the area and make
the treatment more comfortable.
Sublative Post Treatment Instructions
Please be advised that you may expect a certain degree of discomfort, redness, and/or irritation during and after treatment. If any discomfort or irritation persists, please notify the clinic at (732)747-2600.
- Tiny scabs of less than 1 mm in diameter will usually form 24-72 hours post treatment and may remain for several days. The scabs should not be touched or scratched even if they itch, and should be allowed to shed off naturally.
- During the first two (2) days following treatment, care should be taken to prevent trauma to the treated site: avoid hot baths, massage, irritating skin care products or exfoliants, etc. The skin should be kept clean to avoid contamination or infection; any mechanical or thermal damage to the area must be avoided.
- For burning sensation, you can spritz your skin with a diluted vinegar solution (1 tsp white vinegar per 8 ounces water) or spray Avene thermal spring water
- It is important to keep your skin moisturized after the treatment.
- You may have mild swelling for 1-3 days after your treatment. Please apply an icepack to the irritated area for 1-2 days in approximately 15 minute sessions 3-4 times per day.
- Redness for 2-3 days is common. You may apply hydrocortisone cream 3-4 times per day to reduce this. Makeup can be applied 12 hours after treatment.
- If you should develop any open sores, apply over-the-counter antibiotic ointment to those areas 2-3 times daily until healed.
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure or use of tanning bed for at least two weeks after your treatment, as your skin will be more sensitive to the sun after your Sublative treatment.
- Ask our staff for recommendations for Avene skin care products to use to enhance your procedure for your skin type.
- Use a minimum of SPF 30 daily to protect your skin after your treatment.