PRE TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS:
- No Retin-A products 24 hours prior to your treatment
- No prolonged sun exposure to the face 24 hours prior to your treatment. A Microneedling treatment will not be administered on sunburned skin.
- On the day of the treatment, please keep your face clean and do not apply makeup.
- Discontinue aspirin, anti-inflammatories, and any other medication that may cause bruising.
- If you are planning to receive Botox, make sure that you give yourself at least 2 weeks post Botox injections before receiving your Microneedling procedure.
- If an active or extreme breakout occurs before treatment, please consult your practitioner. Wait 6 months following oral isotretinoin use.
- Immediately after your treatment, you will look as though you have a moderate to severe sunburn and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. You may also notice some slight swelling; both are normal and should subside after 1 to 2 hours and will normally diminish within the same day or 24 hours. You may see slight redness after 24 hours but only in minimal areas or spots.
If you are concerned about any reaction, please call our office AT (732) 365-4298.
After-care instructions for MicroNeedling Treatment:
- Use tepid water for the initial 24 hours to rinse the treated area. After 24 hours, use a gentle cleanser to cleanse the face for the following 72 hours and gently dry the treated skin. Always make sure that your hands are clean when touching the treated area.
- Apply the SkinPen® lubricant provided for moisture over the next 24 hours.
- Do not take any inflammatory medicines for at least 2 weeks post treatment.
- It is recommended that makeup or sunscreen hould not be applied for 24 hours after the procedure. Do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if it is not clean.
- After the initial 24 hours, apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 for two weeks. A chemical-free sunscreen is highly recommended.
What to Avoid:
- For at least 3 days post treatment, do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 48 hours. No tanning beds.
- Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- No exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environments must be avoided during the first 72 hours post-treatment
By submitting this form you agree to be contacted via phone/text/email.