PRE TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS:
- No Retin-A products 24 hours prior to your treatment
- No prolonged sun exposure to the face 24 hours prior to your treatment. A Microneedling treatment will not be administered on sunburned skin.
- On the day of the treatment, please keep your face clean and do not apply makeup.
- Discontinue aspirin, anti-inflammatories, and any other medication that may cause bruising.
- If you are planning to receive Botox, make sure that you give yourself at least 2 weeks post Botox injections before receiving your Microneedling procedure.
- If an active or extreme breakout occurs before treatment, please consult your practitioner. Wait 6 months following oral isotretinoin use.
- Immediately after your treatment, you will look as though you have a moderate to severe sunburn and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. You may also notice some slight swelling; both are normal and should subside after 1 to 2 hours and will normally diminish within the same day or 24 hours. You may see slight redness after 24 hours but only in minimal areas or spots.
- If you are concerned about any reaction, please call our office AT 732-747-2600.
- After-care instructions for MicroNeedling Treatment:
- Use tepid water for the initial 24 hours to rinse the treated area. After 24 hours, use a gentle cleanser to cleanse the face for the following 72 hours and gently dry the treated skin. Always make sure that your hands are clean when touching the treated area.
- Apply the SkinPen® lubricant provided for moisture over the next 24 hours.
- Do not take any inflammatory medicines for at least 2 weeks post treatment.
- It is recommended that makeup or sunscreen hould not be applied for 24 hours after the procedure. Do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if it is not clean.
- After the initial 24 hours, apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 for two weeks. A chemical-free sunscreen is highly recommended.
- What to Avoid:
• For at least 3 days post treatment, do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare.
• Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 48 hours. No tanning beds.
• Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
• No exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environments must be avoided during the first 72 hours post-treatment