INTENSE PULSED LIGHT (IPL)
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- It is imperative that you avoid sun exposure and tanning beds for at least 4 weeks prior to your treatment. This is a must and no exceptions will be made.
- Avoid applying self-tanner for 2 weeks prior to treatment. • Avoid aspirin and Ibuprofen for one week prior to your treatment. Inform the doctor if you are taking blood thinners or regularly take aspirin or ibuprofen.
- Avoid alcohol for 2 days prior to treatment. • Inform the doctor if have taken Accutane (oral acne medication) in the past year.
THE DAY OF YOUR APPOINTMENT
- If possible, arrive without creams or make-up on the treatment area. Otherwise please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment in order to clean the skin. Cleansing products are available for your convenience.
WHAT TO DO AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
- Expect your skin to appear pink (resembling mild sunburn) for a few hours after treatment. • Make-up may be applied to cover redness as needed.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Your skin may be temperature sensitive for several days after treatment.
- Brown spots and freckles will appear darker while healing.
- It will take 4-6 weeks to see the full result and 3-5 treatments may be required to achieve an optimum result.
- The sessions are designed to provide no downtime however, occasionally you may find that your cheeks and under eye areas are slightly puffy after treatment. You may use cold compresses (5 minutes on and 10 minutes off) several times an hour to help ease both redness and swelling.
- Sleeping with your head elevated for the first night will also help decrease any swelling you may experience.
- Blistering and crusting are rare; however, if these do occur a thin layer of over-the-counter antibiotic ointment such as Polysporin® can be applied 2-3 times a day for 3 days. Please call us if you experience either of these uncommon reactions.
Please contact the office if you have any questions at (732) 365-4298.
By submitting this form you agree to be contacted via phone/text/email.