COOLSCULPTING PRE TREATMENT
- One week prior drink plenty of water, 8 (8 oz) glasses per day.
- One hour prior to treatment, you may take Advil or Tylenol if you are concerned with possible tenderness in the treated area.
COOLSCULPTING POST TREATMENT
Typically, there is minimal discomfort and recovery time after the CoolSculpting procedure. Most patients are able to return to their daily routine immediately after the procedure.
- The treated area may be red for up to a few hours after the applicator is removed.
- Many patients have minimal discomfort following the procedure; however, you may experience one or more of the following sensations: deep itching, tingling, numbness, tenderness to the touch, pain in the treated area, strong cramping, nausea, bloating, diarrhea, muscle spasms, aching and/or soreness. Consult your doctor if thes conditions persist beyond two weeks or worsen over time.
- Following the procedure, a gradual reduction in the thickness of the fat layer will take place. You may start to see changes as early as three weeks after the CoolSculpting procedure and you will experience the most dramatic results after one to three months. Your body will continue naturally to process the injured fat cells from your body for approximately four months after your procedure.
- Continue to drink plenty of water.
- If you experience any discomfort post-treatment you may:
- Apply compression garments to the treatment area.
- Apply heating pads and/or ice to the treatment area (20 minutes on then 20 minutes off).
- Take Advil or Tylenol as directed.
- Next Steps:
- Weight gain will prevent you from appreciating your full results. Maintaining a healthy diet and exercise routine after your procedure can help prevent this.
- Schedule a follow-up appointment to review your clinical results and discuss the option of additional treatments to achieve desired fat reduction.